Sunday 9 September 2012

Greetings from hot and humid Bombay!

This is probably my first post in what I'm hoping will turn into a successful blogging endeavour. I have never had the commitment to do anything of the sort, but I'm hoping this time I'll be able to deliver.

I've lived in Bombay for half my life and yet, everyday I learn something new from the city. Bombay is such a rich city in terms of cultural diversity, cuisine, people and places. I would compare it to New York City, but it's just so much more complicated than that. Bombay's a city that's literally overflowing with people, like a petri dish about to crack. The city has been one of the main economic hubs in the country ever since the British ruled here, and has remained that way over 60 years after the Brits packed their bags and left.

Here is where I intend to perhaps post a photo from the city a few times a week and write about it, just so that people get to see things that are not always covered by the mainstream media or the internet. A personal photo documentary of the city, if you will.

The city is always full of life and the fact that there's always something going on should help keep this blog interesting. Hopefully it will make you want to visit Bombay someday so you can see the city of joy for yourself. Till then, just wait it out till the next blog post. See you on the other side. :)

Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment